I did it. Boy that bribing myself gig works wonders to my WIP basket.
Over the last few days and A-LOT of unpicking I finished up my mini Farmers wife quilt. It's made up of only 18 blocks and in all honesty 4 of them are sampler blocks from a different book.
Let me explain. Back in... I can't remember when... I got sucked in to starting a quilt. I bought the book and started the blocks. Needless to say I didn't get very far, cut my losses and sold the book on ebay. No regrets what so ever.
Fast forward almost a year (or maybe over a year) and I find the blocks gathering dust and they don't even make up a throw rug size. So I pulled out my trusty 501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks book and I picked out a few more blocks to add. No templates, no print outs.
Only problem is the I over shot the block size by 1 inch, and no I didn't check before I started joining the blocks, and yes that was very stupid of me! Anyway, I persevered and kept on at it until I finished up the quilt top.
I'm so glad I did because I am in in love with it's vintagy goodness and girlyness! I would have never chosen to make the quilt out of these fabrics if it wasn't for the layer cake calling out to me from said cupboard. So glad I did it though. It is by no means perfect. I've lost most of my points and the borders don't quite meet up but once this is quilted and washed the imperfections will soon be forgotten.
Now on to the next WIP.
This post was linked with...